Not Rich Yet

Read through my chronicles of life, poker, and the quest for a lot of money, not necessarily in that order.

Thursday, July 09, 2009

Starting all over again in poker

So, I've been playing a lot on Full Tilt and a little on Pokerstars, but mostly.. Full Tilt. Recently however, I have run into rake back issues, namely my rake back provider going AFK for month's at a time, so I asked Full Tilt to allow me to change rake back providers and they said "no."

I don't really blame them for saying no, but at the same time, it did mean I wouldn't play there any more. So, after some checking around for existing deals that I had still going, I settled on Ultimate Bet, so since I did, i might as well pimp them and say click here for a Rake back deal.

Through a fortuitous happenstance, I had a friend who needed money on Full Tilt, and had money on Ultimate Bet. So, one quick transfer exchange later, and poof, I had $1,300 on Ultimate Bet.

The first thing I did was start to check out the site. To quote my 2+2 post to save typing:

So, I moved my money off of Full Tilt to UB. My rake back situation could not be solved through support, so I am abandoning Full tilt. Why UB? Because I figure no self respecting 2+2'er (and thus theoretically good player) would frequent UB, so the players left playing, at my micro small stakes must be true fishies. And I play low enough to not think someone is super user-ing me for my like $50.

But, logging on just now, I noticed that tons of people play the jackpot tables, which have a horrible rake for my stake. This is scarily bad. Not sure what I can do there. I may not be able to overcome the jackpot rake. So sad.

Second, there is 0 $1/$2 limit tables going on right now, yet like 15 0.50/1.00 tables. What a weird anomaly, it looks like there is very little 2/4 and 3/6 action going on as well.

This leaves me to .50/1.00 or.... Omaha or NL maybe? Bleck. I dunno, maybe I'll just grind the hell out of .50/1 and see if I can overcome the jackpot rake. The games do look horribly soft.


So, my next step was to start data mining tables. I'm a big fan of data mining, even at low/microstakes. Any extra information is good information. So to that end I ended up with the Script for UB Data Mining.

It doesn't have a table selector which is bad news for me, but it's better than nothing. While I was at work today, it grabbed about 2,000 hands at .5/1, 1/2, and 2/4. Poker Tracker 2 would not upload them though, but that was quickly solved when I tried to upload them as AP hands instead of UB hands. Weird, but who cares?

Next was setting this blog up again. Wheee. Ok, that's done. I tried to rename it to like 50 different names, all taken. Was very depressing. :(

Finally, I need goals. What am I going to play? How much do I want to earn? How many hands should I play?

Well, I'm copping out on this one for now. I'm going to spend the first week dipping my foot in the pool so to speak. I'll play a few hands when the tables look good, and hopefully in a week I'll get a good feel for if I belong in the 2/4 game.. or lower right now.

If you made it this far, wow, that's dedication. Thanks for reading. Hopefully in the future I'll have some entertaining hands and situations to chat about. This was the big set up, now to start the real action.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home