Not Rich Yet

Read through my chronicles of life, poker, and the quest for a lot of money, not necessarily in that order.

Monday, March 12, 2007

... say what?

Had a very weird dream last night I thought I'd blog just for curiosity's sake.

I am travelling with the wife and kids. We are a post apocalyptic world, but the whole place is not in ruins. The governments are in ruins, its sparsely populated, and there is concerns about radiation and plagues. We have to walk, there are no vehicles. There are no more houses. Sometime before the economy/governments fell, population had gotten so large that EVERY PLACE was like a giant apartment complex. Everywhere I was in the dream was these large four or five story buildings with multiple apartments.

We're walking along, looking at one of those buildings to our right, when who should I see running towards us but several armed police men. Well, this wasn't Good this meant that one of the buildings was overrun with terrorists/gangsters of some sort, and a gun fight was going to start at any minute. I yell for the kids and wife to scatter to a safe place and I see then run off safely as I hid in a corner by a nearby building as a firefight erupts. I have a prime location to see the whole thing as I'm hiding in this cubby hole area, but have lost track of the wife and kids.

At this point they disappear from the dream entirely. My brain just pushes them out of the storyline, as I never learn if they are killed, end up ok, or what. They just "vanish" from the story.

And now, a bad ascii picture of how things are set up.

1 333333333
1c
1 2x2222222
1

1, 2, 3, = buildings.
x = me
c = cops

From my cubbyhole, I see a terrorist pop out from three stories up on the building across from me (building 3 from the diagram), and start gunning down the cops. I yell to them where he is and the turn and return fire. He shoots at me, but can not get to me in my cubbyhole. Another cop sneaks in by me in the cubby hole area and winks at me mischievously as the gunfight continues.

Then like a movie, there's a cut to an older me, and the entire first season was a memory. It's years later, and I'm now a grizzled veteran of gunfights, but not actually a cop. I'm more like a vigilante who goes from building to building, cleaning out the terrorist/gangsters to try to help make the world a safer place. I'm one of the best, pretty much tied with another guy, but we don't necessarily trust each other. Its late in the afternoon, and I'm trying to figure out where to stay for the night. A building sits in front of me, but if I wanted to stay there safely, I'd have to go through the entire building, and I am too tired to want to do that, but don't have much in the way of options.

I head in, and on the third floor I run into the other guy who is supposed to be the best of the vigilantes. He agrees that we should stick together for now, and the idea comes up of us actually retiring together. No, this is not a gay dream. No man love occurs. Its one of those "if we retire together we'll both be safer, and we'll be able to keep an eye on each other so one can not back stab the other" kind of thing.

I agree, but I dislike the idea of it being just the two of us. I head out to look around and realize that there was a third guy, who was better than both of us and a legend, until he went slightly loonie and cut off his own hands somehow and replaced them with these blade/pincher type things, and, wouldn't you know it, as dreams work, he lives in the basement of this very building!

I head down to the basement to talk to him, and realize he's at the other end of this long building, and the basement hallway, quickly turns into a darkened crawlspace about halfway through. As I'm crawling through it, a mouse climbs up my arm and I jump and freak out. If it's an infected mouse I could get the plague! I shake it off then climb back out to the stairway where the main entrance is to try to think of another way down there since I don't really relish the idea of catching the plague.

When there thinking, I run into two more mice, except, well, these mice look like Rufus from Kim Possible:



These mice "attack" by basically bounding at me, then letting their body go limp. They don't appear to actually try to bite me, but if I don't stop them, I know I will get the plague, so every time one jumps, I catch it by reaching under and catching it by the belly and putting it back down. They keep doing this though, so I can't exactly think of another way to go find crazy legend vigilante guy, or, for that matter even get up the steps and safely away from the plague mice.

That's when my alarm goes off.

No, I don't know what I ate right before I went to bed.

Ray

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home