Not Rich Yet

Read through my chronicles of life, poker, and the quest for a lot of money, not necessarily in that order.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Choose wisely

Last night, while waiting for hours to log on to World of Warcraft, I played some poker online.

Not my night. First, I sit down at an Omaha table, pot limit. I have crap for hands, but am trying to ride it out. Finally, with the nut low, I push all in on a reraise to scoop up at least half of the pot and be back in the black.

Except uh, apparently I was not at Omaha eight or better table, I was at an Omaha table.

One rebuy later I was playing at the correct table, but still not getting anywhere, and ended up down a good amount when I jumped from Ultimate bet to Caribbean Poker. I have money there for a pokersource online special, but I hate the place. Nonetheless I wanted to try to work it out there. I lost more there too before giving it up. In four full orbits, my most playable hand was 9s7s. Ouch.

Blizzard, learn how your effing servers work. I honestly do not know how you can run such a bad system and not be sued in a class action law suit. And don't tell me I don't know the complexity of the system. I work for a company that does credit card transactions over the internet for hundreds of web sites. Trust me when I say my login and authentication server system is "slightly better" than yours.

Heading to Thomas's tonight to work on some computer stuff. He got an e-mail out of the blue from Heff today! Woah, that's a weird blast from the past. Wonder what will come of that. Also, am heading to Leigh's birthday dinner, which should be fun.

That's all I got for right now. Have fun all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home