Not Rich Yet

Read through my chronicles of life, poker, and the quest for a lot of money, not necessarily in that order.

Monday, July 20, 2009

Weekend Play

Over the course of the weekend, the Bad Beat Jackpot hit over $200,000 so I braved the jackpot tables to see if I could get a piece of the jackpot. Even if I got the split for being at the same level, it was probably going to be worth the amount I would lose in EV by playing those tables.

Turns out I didn't need to worry much as I destroyed the tables for a couple of buy ins while I played. I also saw some hilariously bad playing, specifically related to people playing short. I saw a guy at a .5/1 table fold a $3.50 pot for 5 cents more. I also saw a guy fold a $40 pot for 18 cents more. I'm pretty sure I may call both of those with any two cards.

No bad beat jackpot for me though, it's still running today. I did make Contender though, which is something in the UB player rewards program, no idea what it is. I'll have to look at it later..

Last night I had a horrible night, so am staying home sick. I loaded up one table to nut peddle while lay here half dead and am getting crushed, down one buy in. I guess at least I have some buffer space from yesterday. :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home